Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Teaching Parenting in the Classroom
I read an article on teaching parenting. My idea is that teaching parenting skills in the classroom is generally a skills class and should be taught as a skill. Parenting and family relationships should be studied as a soft science and used to educate people in that capacity. My thought is that teaching parenting skills to high school ages is probably okay as a elective with the understanding that the class is a self improvment class. I am a bit old fashioned in the way that I think that some skills should be allowed to be taught by the family without public "idealism" breed into the concepts. At any rate here is the link to the article and no you will not see any of my daughters in these classes.http://www.educationnews.org/ed_reports/158633.html I teach my children boys and girls how to parent. I am not saying to be uneducated about parenting I am saying quite the opposite. I am saying we should teach parenting by being so educated about it that our society knows we need to study the subject as a soft science. Just my opinion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment