Friday, July 29, 2011
Schools Turn To Fees
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/29/us/29tteducation.html?_r=1&ref=education While I don't have a lot of money I am willing to pay for my children to be educated. While talking about extra activities and busing fares that are are on the rise. I am not opposed to paying more for education. I understand some families don't have the money to pay for private school or even enough for day care. Families paying based on income limits is the appropriate way to base a pay schedule for schooling. This takes into account the number of children and how much money the family brings in each year. This would be on top of the amount the schools get for property tax not instead of the tax. In addition, people who do not have children attending would not pay and people who pay for private schools would not pay. However, the base tax on properties would continue unaltered. This would add income to the schools of choice in our communities. The undesirable schools would not get funded or attended. Just my opinion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment